- The TikTok Ban: Security Experts Weigh in on the App’s Risks
With no hard evidence of abuse, are bans warranted? The real security concerns will likely come after the ban goes into effect, researchers said in our exclusive roundtable.
- Stubborn WooCommerce Plugin Bugs Get Third Patch
Users of the Discount Rules for WooCommerce WordPress plugin are urged to apply a third and (hopefully) final patch.
- SecOps Teams Wrestle with Manual Processes, HR Gaps
Enterprise security teams are "drowning in alerts."
- Security Takeaways from the Great Work-from-Home Experiment
As the pandemic drags on and remote workforces stay remote, zero-trust and other lessons learned should come to the fore.
- Maze Ransomware Adopts Ragnar Locker Virtual-Machine Approach
Maze continues to adopt tactics from rival cybercrime gangs.
- Mozi Botnet Accounts for Majority of IoT Traffic
Mozi’s spike comes amid a huge increase in overall IoT botnet activity.
- Apple Bug Allows Code Execution on iPhone, iPad, iPod
Release of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 brings fixes 11 bugs, some rated high-severity.
- Google Play Bans Stalkerware and ‘Misrepresentation’
The official app store is taking on spy- and surveillance-ware, along with apps that could be used to mount political-influence campaigns.
- APT41 Operatives Indicted as Sophisticated Hacking Activity Continues
Five alleged members of the China-linked advanced threat group and two associates have been indicted by a Federal grand jury, on dozens of charges.
- California Elementary Kids Kicked Off Online Learning by Ransomware
The attack on the Newhall District in Valencia is part of a wave of ransomware attacks on the education sector, which shows no sign of dissipating.