- ‘Am I being watched?’ Survey Reveals Security Concerns
A quarter of Americans aren’t concerned with being monitored online, according to ASecureLife report, "Trust Issues: New Survey Sheds Light on American's Biggest Security Concerns …
- The Benefits of Smart Surge Protection
It would be hard to overestimate the importance of electrical devices in today’s world.
- University of Guelph Launches Cybersecurity and Threat Intelligence Program
With the demand for highly skilled cybersecurity experts growing every day, the University of Guelph will launch a new graduate degree in cybersecurity and threat intelligence to train the next genera …
- DHS Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Releases Soft Target and Crowded Places Resource Guide
The Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has released its new Security of Soft Targets and Crowded Places–Resource Guide. It provides in …
- ID Theft Up; Smartphone Ownership Hits 85 Percent
Data breaches are threatening the security of more U.S. consumers, according to a survey released by The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company (HSB), part of Munich Re, with more than …
- Asia-Pacific Supplants North America as Most Breached Region
The Asia-Pacific region led in the number of data compromises investigated in 2017, accounting for 35% of instances and overtaking North America at 30%, down from 43%.
- Acadia Hospital Employee Emails Patient Information
A Northern Light Acadia Hospital employee emailed a Bangor Daily News (“BDN”) reporter in response to a request for unrelated information, mistakenly sending an email with an attached file …
- Leveraging Mass Notification to Enhance School and Campus Safety
School and campus safety is an ever evolving challenge. New threats emerge almost daily, and administrators and security personnel need a way to respond should students and staff face a dangerous situ …
- Errol Weiss Joins H-ISAC as Chief Security Officer
The Health Information Sharing and Analysis Center (H-ISAC) announced that Errol Weiss will become the organization’s first Chief Security Officer (CSO).
- University of Rhode Island Receives $1.2 Million to Train STEM Students
The University of Rhode Island’s School of Education was awarded its second National Science Foundation’s Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program for $1.2 million to recruit, prepare and …
- Cargo Thefts Declined in Q1 2019
Cargo thefts in the U.S. and Canada declined 22 percent year-over-year in the first quarter of 2019, according to data from CargoNet.
- University of Michigan to Offer Active Attacker Training
The University of Michigan will begin offering optional active attacker training to students, faculty, staff and community members through a program called “Capable Guardian: Instruct, Evacuate, …
- Meeting Compliance Regulations for Controlled Access with Security Entrances
The concept of regulatory compliance is simple: compliance maintains the safety and welfare of the general public.
- Americans Say Technology Has Improved Quality of Life
Two-thirds of the country views technological advancement as having made their overall lives better compared to the lives of their parents, according to an Ipsos survey done on behalf of GET Creative, …
- Safest Colleges in America 2019
The National Council for Home Safety and Security has released its findings on the "Safest Colleges in America."
- Most Employees Say IT Security Functions are Understaffed
A Ponemon Institute study has found that 73 percent of respondents believe their organization’s IT security functions are typically understaffed due to the difficulty in attracting and retaining …
- Amazon Delivery Drivers Required to Take Selfies to Prevent Fraud
Amazon is asking its drivers to take selfies to verify their identities and lower the chances of fraud.
- Nominate the Next Most Influential People in Security
Help us recognize the unsung heroes of the security industry – nominate a security leader to be named one of Security magazine’s 2019 Most Influential People in Security.
- New Battery Backup Solutions Increase System Reliability and Reduce TCO
For more than 40 years, Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) batteries have been the go-to solution for security, fire, access and surveillance system back-up, but now there’s a new and extremely efficient op …
- Phone Scams Cause Americans to Lose $10.5 Billion in 2018
Millennials and men are more often fooled by scams and robocalls, says a new report.