- TSA Unveils Plan for Biometrics and Facial Recognition
The Transportation Security Administration unveiled a multistep plan earlier this week to expand facial recognition and biometric use to improve security efficiency and reduce wait times at airport se …
- New Mexico Rolls Out $46 Million in School Security Funding
New Mexico is awarding money to 222 school campuses for security upgrades, including new doors and locks, fencing and surveillance cameras.
- Nearly Half of Americans Willing to Give Brands a Pass for a Data Breach
New data shows that the U.S. public is surprisingly forgiving despite data breaches and controversies as long as companies demonstrate good faith.
- Upgrading Surveillance Makes for a Night-and-Day Change at Washington Community High School
“We wanted a partner who would look out for us as a district,” says Ron Ehlers, WCHS Network Administrator. “We wanted to invest in a futureproof system that could grow along with us …
- Global Cybersecurity Workforce Gap Reaches 2.93 Million
Research shows a widening of the global cybersecurity workforce gap to nearly three million across North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) …
- Smart Cities Have New Physical Threats: The Impact of Drones on Security and Public Safety
Smart city leaders are rightfully concerned about cybersecurity. Securing smart digital cities with millions of IOT devices from rogue actors with easy access to Internet connections anywhere in the w …
- How Modern Security Solutions Are Engineered for Greater ROI
Measuring a return on investment (ROI) for security infrastructure is challenging. Most organizations primarily view security investments as a must-have capital expenditure. They know security systems …
- Why You’re Hearing “No:” Insurance Considerations for Security Firms Serving Schools
As we reflect on the first anniversary of the Mandalay Bay shooting, it is sobering to consider the real risks facing any large group of people. A gathering of hundreds or thousands of people is vulne …
- Why Senior Management is the Biggest Threat to Workplace Security
New research undertaken by 247meeting has revealed senior management as being the culprits for some of the biggest lapses in workplace security.
- Longer Minimum Passwords Help Prevent Fraud
The all-too-common practice of using the same email address/password combination to log into multiple websites can be damaging, especially for employers with many users and valuable assets protected b …
- New Research Finds Violence in Emergency Departments is Increasing, Harming Patients
Violence in America's emergency departments is increasing, causing harm to physicians, staff and patients, according to new research.
- Enables Parking Data Sharing Between Patrol Vehicles
PlateLink, a new feature in Genetec’s AutoVu automatic license plate recognition program, enables vehicles to share license plate data while out on patrol.
- Includes VOIP Call Station for Emergency Communications
The Via Series of communication devices from Talkaphone is designed for modern entryways and facilities.
- Prevents Vehicles from Driving through Controlled Traffic Lanes
The Lane Barrier system connects to DoorKing’s 1601 barrier gate operator to provide a barrier in applications where a higher degree of vehicle traffic control is desired, but without the expens …
- Product Spotlight: Parking Lot & Garage Security
Parking areas are essential parts of any enterprise’s facility, and securing those areas – both from crime against visitors, employees and their property – is an ongoing challenge. …
- Report Finds Low Confidence in IoT Device Security by Consumers Living in Connected Homes
A new report reveals that consumers have low confidence in the security of their IoT devices and are willing to pay extra for security to safeguard the connected home.
- Automation, IoT Enhance Mass Notifications
On a typical day in January 2018 residents of Hawaii all were informed, virtually simultaneously, that the world was coming to an end.
- 3 Steps to Improve Physical Security Systems' Cybersecurity
As each IP camera becomes another endpoint in an enterprise’s digital footprint, they can each potentially open up a backdoor into the network and the business’s mission critical data and …
- CA to Ban Weak Passwords
California has passed legislation that sets higher security standards for internet-connected devices.
- Security Robots on Patrol
Joe Gustafson likes to “think out of the box.” So when his team at the Twin Arrows Casino in Flagstaff, AZ, had a lull in staffing and needed solutions to assist security officers with the …