- DHS announces grant allocations for FY2020 preparedness grants
As part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) ongoing efforts to support state, local, tribal, and territorial partners, Acting Secretary Chad F. Wolf announced final allocations of $385 …
- NIST to use Twitter API data to boost public emergency response
In an effort to enable public safety-focused entities to tap social media analytics in emergency response, The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)’s Text Retrieval Conference, or TRE …
- Mike Jones named Chief Information Security Officer of Zortrex
Zortrex has announced the appointment of ex-Anonymous hacker Mike Jones as CISO.
- CISA releases guide on securing industrial control systems
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has released its five-year industrial control systems (ICS) strategy: Securing Industrial Control Systems: A Unified Initiative. …
- New Jersey to require face masks to be worn outdoors
New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed Executive Order No. 163, which requires individuals to wear face coverings in outdoor public spaces when it is not practicable to socially distance and keep a si …
- The physical security impacts of reopening businesses
As a result of the pandemic, we are now tasked with redefining what physical security is, and the efforts that any type of organization and industry must make to ensure employees and consumers can avo …
- Disney Parks releases coronavirus safety measures for reopening
The Chief Medical Officer for Disney Parks, Dr. Pamela Hymel, has shared safety measures that Walt Disney World Resort will take as it reopens this weekend.
- Qualys appoints Ben Carr as Chief Information Security Officer
Qualys, Inc., a provider of disruptive cloud-based IT, security and compliance solutions, announced the appointment of Ben Carr as Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
- Tackling emerging and longstanding workforce management challenges with access control
Businesses and organizations across every vertical are faced with a new challenge: how to get people back to work safely, efficiently and in compliance with state and local mandates.
- Number of stolen and exposed credentials has risen 300% from 2018
A new study from Digital Shadows finds there are more than 15 billion credentials in circulation in cybercriminal marketplaces, many on the dark web – the equivalent of more than two for every person …
- Updated seasonal hurricane forecast calls for 20 named storms
The research team at Colorado State University is now forecasting 20 named storms for this hurricane season.
- Motor vehicle fatality rates jump 36.6% in April despite quarantines
Americans apparently did not reap any safety benefits from having less roadway traffic.
- Ronald Gembarosky joins LinQuest as Chief Security Officer
LinQuest Corporation announced the appointment of Ronald Gembarosky as Senior Vice President, Chief Security Officer (CSO). Gembarosky was most recently CSO at Science Applications International Corpo …
- Steve Krameisen joins American Portfolios as CISO
American Portfolios Financial Services, Inc. announced that Steve Krameisen has joined the firm as chief information security officer (CISO).
- Willie Halliburton named Chief of Campus Public Safety at PSU
Portland State University is pleased to announce Sgt. Willie Halliburton as its new Chief of Campus Public Safety.
- DHS Selects George Washington University to pilot new Center of Excellence in Security Technology Transition
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) has selected the George Washington University to lead a new Center of Excellence (COE) that will deliver a pilot …
- PG&E offers personalized emergency plan tool for customers
Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) has launched a new tool on its online Safety Action Center that helps customers be prepared.
- U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao announces guidance for air travel in response to COVID-19
U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao announced public health guidance to airlines and airports for the recovery of the Nation’s air transportation system from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COV …
- Rodney Bond named chief of public safety at Denmark Tech
Denmark Technical College announced the appointment of Rodney Bond as chief of public safety for the campus.
- North Korean hackers are skimming US and European shoppers
North Korean state sponsored hackers are implicated in the interception of online payments from American and European shoppers, Sansec research shows.