- Turns Video Analytics into Powerful Intelligence
Arcules Video Surveillance-as-a-Service (VSaaS) and Access Control-as-a-Service (ACaaS) allow organizations to transform video into powerful intelligence for increased business insight and security. …
- Replacing the Front Lines of Cyber Defense with Concentric Circles
On the premise that the best defense is understanding the real nature of the offense – or, in this case, offenses, since cyber security addresses a multi-front battleground – it …
- It's Hurricane Season: Are You Prepared?
Hurricane season is here, and business leaders are once again asking themselves: Is my company prepared? Often, the answer is “no.”
- UWF Center for Cybersecurity Launches Cybersecurity for All® Program
The University of West Florida Center for Cybersecurity is launching the Cybersecurity for All® program, a program to enhance readiness for evolving cybersecurity work roles and address the critic …
- Port of Indiana – Burns Harbor Awarded Funds for Security Services
Congressman Pete Visclosky (D-IN) announced that the Department of Homeland Security has awarded grants through the Port Security Grant Program to assist the Port of Indiana – Burns Harbor. …
- Ransomware Attack Hits 20 Local Texas Government Agencies
A ransomware attack has hit at least 20 local government entities in Texas.
- Step-by-step guide to mobile adoption for physical security
First, let’s address the “why.” Why should you even consider adopting mobile technology in your physical security and access control?
- "It's Not You… It's Your API" Why Today's Security Professionals Are So Vulnerable
We often take for granted the interconnectedness of our software-oriented world.
- NY Governor Cuomo Introduces Domestic Terrorism Law to Include Mass Violence Motivated By Hate
NY Governor Andrew M. Cuomo advanced a first-in-the-nation domestic terrorism law to include mass violence motivated by hate.
- Natural Catastrophes Account for $40 Billion in Economic Losses in First Half of 2019
Global economic losses from natural catastrophes and man-made disasters in the first half of 2019 amounted to $44 billion, according to Swiss Re Institute's preliminary sigma estim …
- Human Factor is a Persistent Cybersecurity Threat, Survey Says
A new survey says that people consider malicious insiders (30 percent) and human error (25 percent) to be the two top cybersecurity threats.
- University of Utah to Hire Chief Safety Officer; Will Invest $1 Million for Campus Safety
The University of Utah will hire a chief safety officer and will invest $1 million in campus safety initiatives.
- What Should be in a Travel Risk Policy?
Policies and the procedures to implement them provide clarity to everyone involved regarding accountability issues or activities of critical importance to an organization, such as health and safety, r …
- Universal Background Check Bill Introduced by Wisconsin State Democrats
Gov. Tony Evers, Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes, Attorney General Josh Kaul, Rep. Melissa Sargent (D-Madison) and Sen. LaTonya Johnson (D-Milwaukee) announce LRB-3949, a bill that aims to require backgr …
- 8CHAN Owner Subpoenaed For Testimony Regarding Mass Shootings
The Committee on Homeland Security Chairman Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS) and Ranking Member Rep. Mike Rogers (R-AL) issued a subpoena to Jim Watkins, the owner of the website 8chan, for testimony related …
- More Than 4.1 Billion Records Exposed in 2019
More than 3,800 data breaches were reported from January through June 30, exposing over 4.1 billion records, according to the 2019 MidYear Data Breach Quickview Report.
- Texas Governor Abbott Forms Domestic Terrorism Task Force
Texas Governor Greg Abbott formed a Domestic Terrorism Task Force in the wake of the El Paso shooting to combat these hateful acts and extremism in the state.
- Detects Collusion via Unauthorized Sidegating
Smarter Security’s Fastlane® Glassgate 155 turnstile introduces technology that detects collusion via unauthorized side-by-side entry (sidegating).
- Enables Security Professionals to Monitor Environments
In areas such as parking garages and lots where mobile service is poor, the ETP-WMS Wall Mount Series by Talkaphone gives patrons a greater sense of security.
- Features Interlock Override and Emergency Unlock
Dortronics’ 4800 Series Door Interlock Controller accommodates up to five doors, including doors with automatic openers.