- What Americans Think About Ransomware
New Harris Poll survey says most will weigh candidates' cybersecurity positions.
- Instagram Added to Facebook Data-Abuse Bounty Program
Social media giant also launches invitation-only bug bounty program for 'Checkout on Instagram'.
- Towns Across Texas Hit in Coordinated Ransomware Attack
The state government and cybersecurity groups have mobilized to respond to a mass ransomware attack that simultaneously hit 23 different towns statewide.
- VxWorks TCP/IP Stack Vulnerability Poses Major Manufacturing Risk
A new analysis shows the scale of risk posed by networking vulnerabilities in a popular embedded real-time operating system.
- US Chamber of Commerce, FICO Report National Risk Score of 688
While the score was up for large businesses and down for small firms, the report urges all to prioritize third-party risk management.
- Tough Love: Debunking Myths about DevOps & Security
It's time to move past trivial 'shift left' conceptions of DevSecOps and take a hard look at how security work actually gets accomplished.
- Modern Technology, Modern Mistakes
As employees grow more comfortable using new technologies, they could inadvertently be putting their enterprises at risk. And that leaves security teams having to defend an ever-expanding attack surfa …
- This Week in Web Application Attacks and Enterprise Threats
The latest on the number of attacks, types of attacks, and threats to enterprises' most critical IT infrastructure.
- Best Practices
- Compliance Training? What Compliance Training?
Employees can run … but they can't hide. Or can they?
- Google Analyzes Pilfered Password Reuse
Password Checkup data shows some users still reuse their exposed passwords.
- Project Zero Turns 5: How Google's Zero-Day Hunt Has Grown
At Black Hat USA, Project Zero's team lead shared details of projects it has accomplished and its influence on the security community.
- European Central Bank Website Hit by Malware Attack
The website was infected with malware that stole information on subscribers to a bank newsletter.
- Beat the Heat: Dark Reading Caption Contest Winners
Phishing, token codes, training, MFA, polluted data entry, and whales. And the winners are …
- Behind the Scenes at ICS Village
ICS Village co-founder Bryson Bort reveals plans for research-dedicated events that team independent researchers, critical infrastructure owners, and government specialists.
- More Than 20 Data Breaches Reported Per Day in First Half of 2019
But incidents involving SSNs, addresses, birth dates were smaller than in previous years.
- NSA Researchers Talk Development, Release of Ghidra SRE Tool
NSA researchers took the Black Hat stage to share details of how they developed and released the software reverse-engineering framework.
- Adware, Trojans Hit Education Sector Hard
Students continue to be weak links for schools and universities, according to data from security firm Malwarebytes.
- New Research Finds More Struts Vulnerabilities
Despite aggressive updating and patching, many organizations are still using versions of Apache Struts with known — and new — vulnerabilities.
- The Flaw in Vulnerability Management: It's Time to Get Real
Companies will never be 100% immune to cyberattacks. But by having a realistic view of the basics, starting with endpoint vulnerabilities, we can build for a safer future.