- BIS Paper Makes Case for ‘Embedded’ Regulation in Blockchain Markets
An economist at the Bank for International Settlements has come out in favor of building regulation into blockchain-based financial markets.
- Binance Makes Strategic Investment in Chinese Crypto Media Firm
Cryptocurrency exchange Binance has made an undisclosed investment in Chinese media and data source Mars Finance.
- AssetBlock Launches Tokenized Property Trading on Algorand Blockchain
Real estate startup AssetBlock has launched a new platform for trading commercial properties linked to tokens on the Algorand blockchain.
- The First Yearlong ICO for EOS Raised $4 Billion. The Second? Just $2.8 Million
LiquidApps, an EOS scaling project, imitated Block.One's record-setting ICO strategy but has been met with far less investor interest.
- Hedera Hashgraph, Touted as High-Speed Blockchain Alternative, Goes Live
Hedera Hashgraph has launched its long-awaited public network, backed by major corporations and promising faster transactions than any blockchain.
- BitPay Now Lets Merchants Accept Ethereum’s Cryptocurrency
“This truly opens up a new world of possibilities for the Ethereum ecosystem," said Ethereum co-founder and creator Vitalik Buterin.
- Blockchain for Ethical Practices Raises $4 Million in Seed Funding
A blockchain startup for ethical supply chain management just raised $4 million in seed money.
- Cryptocurrency Dash to Begin Trading on Coinbase Pro
Deposits will be accepted today followed by trading on Tuesday at 16:00 UTC.
- Facebook’s David Marcus Responds to Critics Over Libra ‘Threat’
The head of Facebook's Calibra has spoken out to "debunk" allegations that the Libra project poses a threat to nations' fiscal sovereignty.
- Harbor Tokenizes Real Estate Funds Worth $100 Million on Ethereum
Harbor has created tokens on the ethereum blockchain representing the shares of four real estate funds worth $100 million.
- Deutsche Bank Joins JPMorgan’s Crypto Payments Network
JPMorgan's blockchain-based interbank payments initiative, IIN, has added Deutsche Bank as its latest member, bringing the total to 320 banks.
- Bitcoin’s Record Hash Rate May Hint at Price Gains to Come
Bitcoin's latest bout of consolidation may end up with bullish breakout, as a key metric of miner confidence has hit all-time highs.
- OKEX Korea Drops 5 Privacy Cryptocurrencies Citing FATF Rules
The Korean arm of the exchange has dropped support for privacy-enhancing cryptocurrencies including monero, zcash and dash.
- HTC’s Blockchain Phone Now Supports Bitcoin Cash
Native support for bitcoin cash is coming to HTC's blockchain phone via a partnership with Bitcoin.com.
- Central Banks to Question Facebook-Led Libra Over Financial Risks
The Libra Association is to be grilled by 26 central banks over the perceived risks to financial stability posed by the crypto project.
- US Sanctions Three Alleged Crypto Hacking Groups From North Korea
The U.S. Treasury mentioned cryptocurrency thefts as one of the reasons for the action against the Lazarus Group, Bluenoroff and Andariel.
- Neufund Gets Nod From Liechtenstein Regulator for Token Offerings
With minimum ticket sizes as low as 10 euro, Neufund says it's bringing capital markets to the people.
- Bitcoin Mining Power Hits New High as Half a Million New ASICs Go Online
The computing power dedicated to mining bitcoin has hit yet another new high, suggesting that as many as 600,000 machines have come online since June.
- Bull Bitcoin Joins Blockstream’s Liquid Exchange Network
Liquid adds another exchange to its collection of global partners.
- Kaleido’s Enterprise Clients Can Now Transfer Tokens In Complete Privacy
Enterprise blockchain firms using Kaleido's platform will now be able to transact privately with one another.