- New York Supreme Court Denies Bitfinex’s Lack-of-Jurisdiction Claim
iFinex claimed the NY AG lacked sufficient jurisdiction for an investigation into the company's activities.
- Salesforce Alternative Cere Raises $3.5 Million From Binance Labs, Others
A Binance Labs incubation project, Cere, plans on integrating with Binance's decentralized ecosystem, Binance Chain
- Israeli Regulator to Fast Track 2,000 Fintech License Applications
Over 2,000 fintech and blockchain-businesses are currently seeking licenses from the federal regulator
- World Bank Sells $33.8 Million More of Its Private Ethereum Blockchain Bonds
The World Bank raised another $33.8 million by issuing bonds on a blockchain, bringing the total to $108 million.
- BitPay Says Crypto Spending on Real Estate to Double in 2019
BitPay processes about $5 million in bitcoin for real estate transactions through international and domestic individuals and firms.
- BitMEX to Block Users in Hong Kong, Bermuda and Seychelles
Per a company posting, BitMEX added the geo-blocks for regulatory reasons
- Gemini Adds Cybersecurity Veteran to Executive Team
David Damoto joins Gemini with over 20 years experience in the field.
- Binance’s iOS App Returns to Apple Store
The largest cryptocurrency exchange by volume, Binance’s iOS app has returned after a month's hiatus.
- Bank of America Seeks to Patent Crypto Wallet That Works Like Valet Car Key
Bank of America is seeking to patent security tech for digital currency wallets that gives different users different levels of access to stored funds.
- BitGo Hires Sales Chief from Crypto Custody Rival Xapo
Pete Najarian previously worked for bitcoin service provider Xapo as senior vice president of institutions.
- ‘Youngest Bitcoin Millionaire’ Willing to Stake it All on Metal Pay
With new funding, Metal Pay plans to add traditional banking features.
- US Lawmakers to Discuss Facebook Libra on Swiss Visit: Report
Congresswoman Maxine Waters and other U.S. lawmakers will discuss Facebook's crypto project with the Swiss data privacy chief this week.
- Bitcoin’s Price is Up More Than $1K Since Bakkt Futures News
Bitcoin has gained $1,000 since the Bakkt exchange announced it has the green light to offer bitcoin futures, but key resistance still lies ahead.
- Rakuten’s Crypto Exchange Has Launched for Trading in 3 Cryptos
The Japanese e-commerce giant's Rakuten Wallet exchange has gone live for spot trading of bitcoin, ether and bitcoin cash against the yen.
- Silvergate Bank Eyes Crypto-Backed Loans for Institutions
Silvergate Bank, one of the cryptocurrency industry's few go-to financial service providers, is planning to become a crypto lender.
- Early Investors in Telegram Crypto See 400% Returns – But Buyers Risk It All
Telegram forbade investors from selling their gram tokens before launch. Yet the secondary market for grams is lively – and rife with risk.
- Crypto Exchange Binance Announces New Stablecoin Initiative
The crypto exchange has announced that it's launching Venus, a project that will develop "localized" stablecoins around the world.
- Malta Crypto Exchange Opened by Coinone to Close Next Month
The shuttering comes as Korea's third-largest exchange shores up its local business.
- Santander to Connect Latin America to Ripple-Powered Remittance Service
Spanish banking giant Santander is expanding its use of Ripple's xCurrent payments technology to include Latin American markets.
- Fidelity’s Charity Arm Has Received Over $100 Million in Crypto Donations
Fidelity Charitable reported receiving more than $106 million in crypto donations since accepting bitcoin in 2015.