- Hawaiian Bill Would Let Banks Act as Crypto Custodians
Hawaiian lawmakers have submitted a bill that allows banks to provide custody for digital assets.
- Ex-CFTC Chair Christopher Giancarlo on Why He Launched Digital Dollar Project
In this video from WEF 2020, former Commodity Futures Trading Commission Chairman J. Christopher Giancarlo, also known as “Crypto Dad,” discusses his push to digitize the U.S. dollar and the future of …
- Will Mass Adoption Be More PayPal or Pornhub?
Bakkt preps consumer app for 2020 launch while Pornhub starts performer payouts in Tether, plus a controversial, obligatory new dev fund in BCH.
- ‘Fluffypony’ Weighs In on CBDCs at Davos 2020
Companies are mainstreaming privacy, says Riccardo Spagni, better known as “Fluffypony."
- Gemini Completes Second Level of Cybersecurity Compliance Exam
Gemini has concluded an SOC 2 Type 2 cybersecurity risk examination, evaluating how its security system controls operate across a period of time. The exchange plans to conduct such exams annually.
- Alleged BTC-e Operator Will Be Extradited to France After Greek Supreme Court Ruling
Greece's supreme administrative court found that a ruling to extradite alleged BTC-e operator Alexander Vinnik to France was lawful. Vinnik can no longer appeal the decision.
- Crypto News Roundup and Interviews for Jan. 23, 2020
In addition our news roundup, we'll hear from former CFTC Chairman Christopher Giancarlo, then we'll take a walk with a modern cypherpunk and senior reporter Leigh Cuen.
- BitMex to Launch XRP Swaps, Delist 2 Other Derivatives
BitMEX is releasing an XRP-U.S. dollar quanto swap targeted at crypto’s budding derivatives market.
- Tether Says Its Newest Stablecoin Is Backed by Gold in Swiss Vault
Tether is issuing a new stablecoin as ERC-20 and TRC20 tokens, backing their price with one ounce of gold.
- ErisX Adds New Trading Features With Etale Partnership
The partnership will provide clients with machine learning-based order execution.
- Campaign Privacy Statements Open Voters to Data Sharing
By signing up for one election campaign, you're often consenting to work with others.
- Crypto Custody Provider Ledger Extends Reach in Asia With New Institutional Client
Ledger is partnering with dapp provider FLETA, offering legally compliant custody solutions as part of its push to expand in Asia.
- CoinDesk Q4 2019 Review: A Year in Suspended Animation
The CoinDesk Quarterly Review surfaces the key data, trends and events shaping the crypto markets. Check it out now.
- Bitcoin Cash Miners Propose Controversial Soft Fork for Zcash-Style Development Fund
The proposed fork will see 12.5 percent of block rewards diverted to a new BCH-specific development fund. Reactions have been mixed.
- Bitcoin Faces Move to $8,200 After Dropping Out of Trading Range
Bitcoin's three-day range play has ended with a bear victory. Now prices could visit deeper support at $8,200.
- Pornhub Now Lets Models Get Paid With the Tether Stablecoin
Pornhub has added new performer payment options including the tether (USDT) stablecoin, two months after being apparently dropped by PayPal.
- This Virginia Lawmaker Argues Blockchain Can Boost Local Elections, Economy
House of Delegate member Hala Ayala wants Virginia to seriously consider blockchain for the future of elections and the economy.
- Liechtenstein Regulators Approve Ethereum-Based Real Estate Fund
The fund enables investors to gain exposure to a global real estate portfolio through a ERC-20 security token.
- Meet the Crypto Angel Investor Running for Congress in Nevada
Lisa Song Sutton, an entrepreneur and bitcoin ATM investor, is running for Congress in the Fourth Congressional District of Nevada. If elected, she'd like to sit down with President Trump and tal …
- Crypto Asset Firm Amun Launches Inverse Bitcoin ETP
Digital asset issuer Amun is launching a new product for bitcoin bears on the Swiss Stock Exchange.