- Visitors to Chicago from 15 states must quarantine for 14 days
The Chicago Department of Public Health has issued an Emergency Travel Order that directs travelers returning to Chicago from states experiencing COVID-19 hot spots to quarantine for 14 days. …
- LAUSD names interim school police chief
Los Angeles School Police Department Deputy Chief Leslie Ramirez has been named interim chief of the department, following Chief Todd Chamberlain’s resignation.
- Duke launches Master’s Program in cybersecurity
To help meet the need for specialized engineers who can design and defend secure systems, Duke University is launching a new Cybersecurity Master of Engineering degree program.
- The Thin Purple Line initiative approved by the ASIS Global Board of Directors
I was very pleased to learn the ASIS Global Board of Directors unanimously approved the “Thin Purple Line” initiative at their June 22, 2020 board meeting.
- Qatar Airways requires face shields and face masks
Passengers who fly Qatar Airlines are now required to wear a face shield, in addition to a face mask or covering, throughout their flight, and will be given a complimentary protective kit onboard. …
- Adding Business Value with Megapixel Cameras
How has a memorial plaza, a large metropolitan city and a sports stadium added business value with megapixel cameras?
- Radio Frequency: An Airbone Threat to Corporate and Government Networks
The threat of radio frequency espionage has never been greater. Billions of devices running on networks across the wireless spectrum pose severe dangers to enterprise and national security. What are s …
- Post-COVID-19 and Mental Health
We spoke with Felix Nater, security management consultant who helps employers implement and manage workplace security strategy and policy, on how COVID-19 will leave behind a complicated form of grief …
- Protecting Industrial IoT Devices
The nature of IIoT devices and infrastructure makes them high-value cyber targets. This is because they are relatively easy to compromise and are often connected to internal networks with high-value c …
- Back up your cloud data
My favorite definition of the (public) cloud is “It’s someone else’s computer.” That is really what any external cloud service is. And if your services, data and other assets are located on someone el …
- 4 barriers to teaching employees good cybersecurity habits — and how to overcome them
Obstacles including budget concerns, time constraints, stubborn company culture, or a lack of cybersecurity best practices can seem overwhelming, especially to a smaller organization with limited reso …
- University of Utah reorganizes their Department of Public Safety
Since joining the University of Utah as the inaugural Chief Safety Officer (CSO) in February 2020, Marlon Lynch has reorganized the structure of the Department of Public Safety. The changes, which inc …
- Lookout research: mobile APT surveillance campaigns targeting Uyghurs
The Lookout Threat Intelligence team has discovered four Android surveillanceware tools, which they named SilkBean, DoubleAgent, CarbonSteal, and GoldenEagle. These four interconnected malware tools a …
- Survey finds most COVID-19 patients don't know who infected them
A survey by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that 54% of people infected with coronavirus were unable to pinpoint who may have infected them.
- IBM: security response planning on the rise, but containing attacks remains an issue
IBM Security announced the results of a global report examining businesses' effectiveness in preparing for and responding to cyberattacks.
- DDoS attacks increase 542% quarter-over-quarter amid pandemic
In the first quarter of the year, DDoS attacks rose more than 278 percent compared to Q1 2019 and more than 542 percent compared to the last quarter, according to Nexusguard’s Q1 2020 Threat Report. …
- CCPA enforcement deadline has arrived – are you prepared?
Yesterday (July 1, 2020) marked the official deadline to achieve compliance of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- 72% of remote workers have gained cybersecurity awareness during lockdown
A new Trend Micro study reveals how remote workers address cybersecurity — 72% say they are more conscious of their organization’s cybersecurity policies since lockdown began, but many are brea …
- Security 500 survey — deadline extended to July 31, 2020
The deadline to complete this year's Security 500 survey has been extended to July 31, 2020!
- Security leadership: Women on the frontline
Meet 13 female executives who are succeeding in security leadership roles.