- Lyft to Add Panic Buttons for Rider Safety
Lyft announced a new suite of safety features and programs for its riders.
- Minn. Senate Approves Bill to Combat Opioid Addiction
The Minnesota Senate has approved the House File 400, the Opioid Stewardship Fund bill.
- Pepperdine University Forms Academic Enterprise with Los Angeles Homeland Security Advisory Council
The Pepperdine School of Public Policy will form an academic enterprise with the Los Angeles Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC) focused on disaster preparedness, crisis management, and resilien …
- Forensic Lab Uses New Fingerprint Machine to Fight Crime
A forensic lab in Pennsylvania is using a new Vacuum Metal Deposition, which can reveal latent fingerprints on materials, according to a news report.
- The Problem with Traditional Locks and Managing Remote Access to Rental Properties
If you are a landlord who owns rental property in a different state (or a significant distance away) and you are relying upon traditional locks to manage access to your property, this article will sho …
- Legislation Introduced to Increase Security Funding for Faith-Based Institutions
U.S. Senators Rob Portman (R-OH) and Gary Peters (D-MI) introduced the Protecting Faith-Based and Nonprofit Organizations From Terrorism Act (S. 1539) – to authorize $75 million annually for gra …
- Governor Murphy, NJOHSP Announce Expansion of the New Jersey Nonprofit Security Grant Pilot Program
New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy and the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness (NJOHSP) launched the New Jersey Nonprofit Security Grant Pilot Program (NJ NSGPP) open application peri …
- The 2019 Riskiest States Report — Where Does Your State Rank?
Mississippi, Louisiana, California, Alaska, and Connecticut are the riskiest states in the U.S.A. based on consumer preparedness for cyber-attacks.
- Top Cybersecurity Challenges in the Healthcare Industry
Ninety-two percent of healthcare organizations are confident in their ability to respond to cyber attacks, compared to 82 percent two years ago.
- Most CEOs and Business Leaders Trust Artificial Intelligence
Eight-five percent of US CEOs and business leaders are Artificial Intelligence (AI) optimists, according to a report by EY.
- Cross-Border Cybersecurity Attack Simulation in Europe Next Week
A major European, cross-border cybersecurity attack will be simulated on the financial sector next month, according to a news report.
- Baltimore Creates Cybersecurity Review Panel
Baltimore has created a Committee on Cybersecurity and Emergency Preparedness, as City Hall struggles to recover from a hack that crippled the government’s email and other computer systems. …
- Iowa Schools' Emergency Procedures Left Unchecked
Iowa schools are creating new school emergency procedure plans or updating existing plans, according to a news report.
- Surveyors are Mostly Confident in Their Enterprise's Cybersecurity Practices
Nearly a quarter of surveyors have been affected by a cyber threat in the past 12 months and more than 10 percent have been affected more than once, according to the 2018 Data Health Check report. …
- Fake ID Scanning App Tested by Police
Age ID, a fake ID scanning app, is being utilized by the Greenville Police Department (GPD), Alcoholic Law Enforcement (ALE) and Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) to test the accuracy of the app, accor …
- The New First Responders— Fighting Back against Active Shooters
The FBI recently released its data on the Active Shooter Incidents in the US for 2018. Although there was a slight drop in active shooter events to 27 from the high of 30 in 2017, this is still no cau …
- Sens. Cruz, Jones Introduce Bipartisan School Security Enhancement Act
U.S. Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Doug Jones (D-Ala.) introduced the School Security Enhancement Act, a bill that would allow for Student Support and Academic Enrichment (SSAE) grants awarded to local …
- New Performance Benchmark Ranks Companies' Cybersecurity
Cyber Governance Indexes, a performance benchmarks software, provides market-based proof that companies with good cyber governance outperform peers in shareholder value terms – and vice versa. …
- New Screening Technology Tested at Perth Airport to Enhance Security
New CT scanners and body X-rays at Perth Airport are being tested and promise to increase the operational efficiency of security, according to a news report.
- West Virginia Opposed Bill to Reorganize State Division of Homeland Security
West Virginia first responders have voted unanimously to oppose any legislation that would reorganize the state Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, according to a news report. …