- 2018 Crime Rates Expected to Drop
Crime and overall murder rates across US cities are projected to decline in 2018, continuing similar decreases from the previous year, according to the Brennan Center for Justice. …
- Voice Fraud Climbs 350%
The rate of voice fraud climbed 350%+ from 2013-17 with no signs of slowing; voice fraud also increased by 47% between 2016-17, or one in every 638 calls.
- Understanding Cybersecurity and Its Relationship with Physical Security To Reduce Risk
Based off a recent survey, 40% of security professionals believe their systems are only somewhat secure.
- Cybersecurity Buzzwords Explained
Cybersecurity, particularly in the physical security space, is a hot topic. Brivo is focusing on educating security professionals on the intersection of cybersecurity and physical security. …
- FEMA to Test 'Presidential Alert' System This Week
This week the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will do its first test of a system that allows the president to send a message to most U.S. cellphones.
- The Intersection of Cybersecurity and Physical Security Is More Critical Than Ever
Was your physical security system designed, by default, to be cyber secure? That is a question we all need to ask as we evaluate security for an IoT world.
- Legislation Introduced to Solve Cyber Work Shortage
US lawmakers have introduced a bipartisan bill in the House of Representatives to address the cybersecurity workforce shortage.
- Are You at Risk for Unauthorized Access?
Not every incident of unauthorized access is a criminal break-in – some of the most common types spring from common courtesy, like holding the door for a colleague.
- Product Spotlight on SOC Technology and Furnishings
The security operations center is the central nervous system of a security department. From that one room, enterprise security leaders can monitor worldwide risks, address ongoing incidents, track sys …
- The Biggest Email Security Challenge Facing Organizations Today
Email is the single most effective and commonplace way of reaching someone in the business world today.
- Vanguard Names Global Chief Risk Officer
Joseph P. Brennan has been appointed to a newly created position of Vanguard’s Global Chief Risk Officer, reporting to Vanguard CEO Tim Buckley.
- How to Stay on Top of Breaking News
How do New York Times journalists use technology in their jobs and in their personal lives? Jonah Bromwich, a breaking news reporter for The Times in New York, discussed the tech h …
- Survey: Healthcare Organizations Lack Disaster Preparedness
Only 72 percent of healthcare providers believe their organization’s disaster plan is comprehensive enough to cover a variety of disaster scenarios inside the organization and across the communi …
- Airport Biometrics Detect Imposter at Washington Dulles
Utilizing new facial comparison technology, a U.S. Customs and Border Patrol officer determined that a 26-year-old woman arriving at Washington Dulles International Airport from Accra, Ghana, last wee …
- Dallas Transit Aims to Bolster Security with 61 New Officers
The Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) is planning to bolster security over the next five years, including a 77-percent spending increase in security services next year and adding 65 full-time salaried …
- Majority of U.S. Homeowners Are Unprepared For Disasters
Despite the U.S. experiencing its highest number of billion-dollar disasters in 2017, a new survey found two-thirds of American homeowners are still unprepared in the event of a disaster. …
- Media and Entertainment Industry Unprepared for Cyber Risks
More than half (51%) of media and entertainment firms experienced three or more cyber attacks over a 12-month period.
- Half of Government, Military Passwords are Weak
New research from the WatchGuard Threat Lab reveals that 50 percent of government and military employee LinkedIn passwords, largely from the US, were weak enough to be cracked in less than two da …
- Concertgoers Want More Cybersecurity
Concertgoers said they would attend more events if buying tickets online felt more secure, according to a new study.
- Study Outlines Business Case for Biometrics
Research from Goode Intelligence sets out the qualitative and quantitative basis for the return on investment from the use of biometric authentication.