- Android Malware Comes Baked into Some New Tablets, Phones
Ad-loading malware is being built into the firmware and operating system of some new tablets and phones from three major manufacturers.
- GDPR Oddsmakers: Who, Where, When Will Enforcement Hit First?
The GDPR grace period ends today. Experts take their best guesses on when data protection authorities will strike – and what kind of organizations will be first to feel the sting of the EU privacy law …
- Privacy Survey Says: Americans Don't Want to Sell Their Data
A new survey shows the extent to which Americans are reluctant to sell their personal information for any price.
- Privacy Group: Facebook, Google Policies Break GDPR Laws
Nonprofit 'None of Your Business' files complaints against Facebook, Google, WhatsApp, and Instagram.
- Wicked Mirai Brings New Exploits to IoT Botnets
The latest variant of the venerable Mirai botnet malware combines approaches and brings new exploits to the world of IoT security challenges.
- 10 Free DevOps-Friendly Security Tools Developers Will Love
Start building an affordable DevSecOps automation toolchain with these free application security tools.
- Bridging the Cybersecurity Talent Gap
There's no one surefire way of fixing the problem, which endangers everyone's security. There are, however, several options we should try.
- Most Expensive Data Breaches Start with Third Parties: Report
Data breach costs increased 24% for enterprise victims and 36% for SMBs from 2017 to 2018, researchers found.
- DOJ Sinkholes VPNFilter Control Servers Found in US
The US Department of Justice said the move aims to thwart the spread of the botnet as part of its investigation into Russian nation-state hacking group APT28 aka Fancy Bear.
- GDPR, WHOIS & the Impact on Merchant Risk Security Monitoring
The EU's General Data Protection Regulation will make it harder for law enforcement, forensic investigators, and others to track down everything from credit card fraud to child porn rings.
- A Data Protection Officer's Guide to the Post-GDPR Deadline Reality
The EU's General Data Protection Regulation deadline is here — now what? These four tips can help guide your next steps.
- Malwarebytes Buys Binisoft for Firewall Management
Vendor plans to integrate Binisoft's Windows Firewall Control into the Malwarebytes endpoint protection platform.
- More Than Half of Users Reuse Passwords
Users are terrible at passwords and the problem is only getting worse, according to an expansive study of more than 100 million passwords and their owners.
- Fraud Drops 76% for Merchants Using EMV, Says Visa
A new report from Visa says that the shift to chip cards has resulted in dramatically reduced credit card fraud levels.
- Growing Job Pressures Increase Risk of Burnout for Cybersecurity Professionals
A new Trustwave survey shows information security executives and practitioners are under increasing pressure from trying to keep up with threats and compliance mandates.
- The Good & Bad News about Blockchain Security
Blockchain technology promises many things. But to succeed, it must offer users a better plan against hackers.
- Destructive 'VPNFilter' Attack Network Uncovered
More than 500K home/SOHO routers and storage devices worldwide commandeered in potential nation-state attack weapon – with Ukraine in initial bullseye.
- What Should Post-Quantum Cryptography Look Like?
Researchers are tackling the difficult problem of transitioning toward a new mode of cryptographic protections that won't break under the pressure of quantum computing power.
- Is Threat Intelligence Garbage?
Most security professionals in a recent survey said that threat intelligence doesn't work. So why all the hype?
- Windows 10 Adoption Grew 75%, Adobe Flash Plummeted 188% in 2017: Report
Authentication data reveals an increase in Apple devices, poor mobile security, and the rapid disappearance of Flash from browsers.