- Phantom Secure 'Uncrackable Phone' Execs Indicted for RICO Crimes
Executives of Phantom Secure have been indicted on federal RICO charges for encrypting communications among criminals.
- Who Does What in Cybersecurity at the C-Level
As security evolve as a corporate priority, so do the roles and responsibilities of the executive team. These seven titles are already feeling the impact.
- Google Rolls Out New Security Features for Chrome Enterprise
The business-friendly browser now includes new admin controls, EMM partnerships, and additions to help manage Active Directory.
- The Containerization of Artificial Intelligence
AI automates repetitive tasks and alleviates mundane functions that often haunt decision makers. But it's still not a sure substitute for security best practices.
- Are DDoS Attacks Increasing or Decreasing? Depends on Whom You Ask
Details on DDoS trends can vary, depending on the reporting source.
- Microsoft Report: Cybersecurity's Top 3 Threats Intertwine
Botnets, ransomware, and simple attack methods dominate the threat landscape and build on each other to drive effectiveness.
- Cryptojacking Threat Continues to Rise
Unauthorized cryptocurrency mining can consume processing power and make apps unavailable as well as lead to other malware.
- Trump Administration Slaps Sanctions on Russian Hackers, Operatives
A two-pronged and mostly symbolic strategy names and shames Russia for US election-tampering and hacking of critical infrastructure.
- Online Ads vs. Security: An Invisible War
Why visiting one website is like visiting 50, and how you can fight back against malvertisers.
- Critical Start to Buy Advanced Threat Analytics
Firms previously had teamed up in SOC services.
- Palo Alto Buys Evident.io to Secure the Cloud
The $300 million deal is part of an industry-wide consolidation of cloud, data, and network security companies.
- Voice-Operated Devices, Enterprise Security & the 'Big Truck' Attack
The problem with having smart speakers and digital assistants in the workplace is akin to having a secure computer inside your office while its wireless keyboard is left outside for everyone to use.
- (ISC)2 Report: Glaring Disparity in Diversity for US Cybersecurity
While the average US security salary is $122,000, the average salary for people of color is $115,000, with men identifying as minorities making $6000 more than minority women.
- New 'Mac-A-Mal' Tool Automates Mac Malware Hunting & Analysis
Researchers at Black Hat Asia will demonstrate a new framework they created for catching and studying Apple MacOS malware.
- New Hosted Service Lowers Barriers to Malware Distribution
BlackTDS is a traffic distribution service for directing users to malware and exploit kits based on specific parameters.
- 77% of Businesses Lack Proper Incident Response Plans
New research shows security leaders have false confidence in their ability to respond to security incidents.
- Segmentation: The Neglected (Yet Essential) Control
Failure to deploy measures to contain unauthorized intruders is a recipe for digital disaster.
- SEC Charges Former Equifax Exec with Insider Trading
CIO of a US business unit within Equifax had reportedly learned of the company's data breach and sold his shares for nearly $1 million.
- Electric Utility Hit with Record Fine for Vulnerabilities
An unnamed power company has consented to a record fine for leaving critical records exposed.
- A Secure Enterprise Starts with a Cyber-Aware Staff
An attack doesn't have to be super high-tech to cause a lot of damage. Make sure your employees know how to spot an old-fashioned phishing campaign.