- A DIY Bitcoin Lightning Node Project Just Hit Its 1.0 Milestone
A project aiming to empower people to build bitcoin lightning nodes has hit a notable milestone.
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg Sees Pros and Cons in Blockchain Logins
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he's seriously evaluating blockchain's potential for decentralized single logins.
- Samsung Confirms Galaxy S10 Will Include Private Crypto Key Storage
The Samsung Galaxy S10 will feature a secure storage system to hold private crypto keys.
- A David vs. Goliath Battle Is Brewing in Ethereum Decentralized Exchange Race
Data provided to CoinDesk shows that one of the biggest ICOs ever isn't guaranteeing success for Bancor. For two days last week, the three-month-old Uniswap saw more volume.
- Global Cryptocurrency Trading Volumes Jump to 300-Day Highs
The total trading volume in the cryptocurrency market recorded yesterday reached a its highest amount since April 25, 2018.
- SEC Settles Unregistered Securities Charges Against ICO Issuer Gladius
Gladius Network will refund investors who request it and register its tokens as securities after settling "unregistered ICO" charges with the SEC.
- Galaxy Digital Backs $15 Million Raise for Crypto Analytics Firm CipherTrace
Blockchain and crypto security firm CipherTrace has raised $15 million in funding from investors including Mike Novogratz's Galaxy Digital.
- Goldman Sachs Veterans Raise $3 Million to Fight Crypto Manipulation
A U.S.-based crypto market surveillance startup led by former Goldman Sachs fintech engineers has raised $3 million in seed funding.
- Sparkpool to Freeze Mysterious 2,100 Ether Mining Payout for Now
Mining pool Sparkpool says it's temporarily freezing an unusually high mining payout worth $300,000 in case it was sent in error.
- Bitcoin Price Looks North As Trading Volumes Hit 9-Month Highs
Bitcoin could revisit December highs above $4,200 in the near-term as the recent rally is backed by a surge in trading volumes.
- US Advocacy Group Calls for National Action Plan on Blockchain
The Chamber of Digital Commerce has called for the U.S. government to implement a national strategy for blockchain technology.
- The SEC Is Now Reviewing 2 Bitcoin ETF Proposals
There are two bitcoin ETFs under review by the SEC, after the VanEck/SolidX proposal was published in the Federal Register Wednesday.
- Cryptos ‘Not a Substitute’ for the Precious Metal, Says World Gold Council
Cryptocurrencies can't match gold on stability and volume, and are not a direct competitor, says the World Gold Council.
- Wyoming Lawmakers Pass Three Bills in Boost for State’s Crypto Industry
The U.S. state of Wyoming has passed several bills aimed to make the state a top destination for cryptocurrency and blockchain businesses.
- You Can Now Test Binance’s Decentralized Crypto Exchange
Binance has just revealed the sites for testing its new decentralized crypto exchange and the testnet explorer for its own Binance Chain network.
- Elon Musk Calls Bitcoin ‘Brilliant,’ Better Than Paper Money for Value Transfer
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, has gone public with his belief that crypto offers an improved alternative to conventional money.
- Countdown Restarts Today for SEC Decision on CBOE-VanEck Bitcoin ETF
The VanEck/SolidX bitcoin ETF proposal is slated for publication in the Federal Register tomorrow, giving the SEC 45 days to approve, reject or extend a decision on it.
- Funds in Short Positions on Bitcoin Drop to 6-Month Low
The amount of money allocated to short bets against bitcoin fell to a more than 6-month low today.
- Judge Appoints Law Firms to Represent QuadrigaCX Customers
Law firms Miller Thomson and Cox & Palmer will represent 115,000 QuadrigaCX customers as the exchange seeks to recoup the $196 million it owes them.
- Ethereum Mining Pool Receives Mysterious $300K Blockchain Payout
Cryptocurrency mining pool Sparkpool received a payout today of over $300,000 for mining one block on the ethereum blockchain.