- Bets Against Bitcoin's Price Are Nearing Record Highs
BTC/USD shorts on Bitfinex are nearing record highs, leaving many to wonder if a short squeeze will occur like it did when the prior mark was set.
- Crypto Media Banned From WeChat In Sudden Online Sweep
Blockchain and cryptocurrency media accounts in China have been banned on WeChat, the messenger app owned by Tencent.
- Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Joins Crypto Startup Equi: Report
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak said Tuesday that he's now working with investment-focused crypto startup Equi, though his role is as yet unclear.
- Big Investors Deny Involvement In Crypto Miner Bitmain's Pre-IPO Funding
Following reports of Bitmain closing a $1 billion pre-IPO investment round, some notable investors have disputed their alleged participation.
- eToro to Pay for Major UK Soccer Sponsorship Deal With Bitcoin
Online investment platform eToro has inked a deal that will see it use bitcoin to pay for sponsorship at seven Premier League soccer teams.
- Rally Ahead? Bitcoin's Price May Be Charting a Previous Bull Pattern
Bitcoin is mimicking the price action witnessed in early April, which indicates the corrective rally could gather pace in the next few days.
- Energy Firm Discloses Major Crypto Losses Amid Blockchain Rebrand
A publicly owned firm chaired by a Chinese billionaire lost millions through crypto investments, yet it's still seeking to rebrand around the tech.
- Threats Fly As Fight Over Siacoin's Crypto Mining 'Kill Switch' Intensifies
A cryptocurrency community is devolving into infighting amid a controversy that has ensnared its creator and the founder of two of its key startups.
- Chinese Bank Issues Securities Worth $66 Million on a Blockchain
One of the largest privately held commercial banks in China has completed the issuance of securities worth $66 million via blockchain.
- Tron's BitTorrent Acquisition Triggers String of Employee Exits
At least five BitTorrent employees have left BitTorrent due to disagreements related to its acquisition by Tron founder Justin Sun.
- US Government Grants $800K to Blockchain Researchers
Researchers at the University of California–San Diego will receive more than $800,000 to develop a distributed ledger to store scientific data.
- Senior BitConnect Promotor Arrested by Indian Authorities
Former BitConnect India head Divyesh Darji was arrested at Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi on Sunday.
- Softbank, Baidu Lead $3 Million Funding for Ex-Googler's Crypto Startup
Atlas Protocol is getting initial backing from Softbank China Capital and BV (Baidu Venture), who are betting on onchain data as a marketing asset.
- Crypto Exchanges Join Winklevoss Backed Self-Regulatory Group
Bitstamp, bitFlyer, Bittrex and Gemini launched a self-regulatory organization (SRO) for crypto exchanges on Monday.
- The SEC Is Weighing a Bitcoin Futures ETF – Here's What That Means
The distinction between a physical and futures-backed ETF is worth unpacking given that one may or may not have a better shot at SEC approval.
- Bakkt CEO: Crypto Trading Platform Won't Support Margin Trading
Two weeks after ICE introduced Bakkt, a new digital assets platform, the latter's CEO has set out to explain what the service will offer consumers.
- Blockchain Enters 'Trough of Disillusionment' on Gartner's Hype Scale
Interest in blockchain technology is waning, research firm Gartner said in its latest "Hype Cycle for Emerging Technologies" report.
- SEC Faces Thursday Deadline for ProShares Bitcoin ETF Decision
The SEC will approve or disapprove a rule change proposal to list the ProShares Bitcoin ETFs sometime this week.
- Blockchain Firm to Raise $24 Billion for Electric Bus Upgrades in China
A blockchain and AI technology firm has scored a major deal to help provide the financing as China upgrades its buses to run on electricity.
- District Judge Forms Blockchain Law Study Group in South Korea
A group of judges, lawmakers and industry experts in South Korea are forming a new law society to discuss legal issues surrounding blockchain.