- UNICEF Funds 6 Blockchain Startups to ‘Solve Global Challenges’
UNICEF is investing $100,000 in six blockchain startups to solve issues affecting developing economies.
- State Farm Trials Blockchain Tool for Streamlining Insurance Claims
State Farm is trialing a blockchain solution to streamline a currently-manual aspect of insurance claims.
- Galaxy Digital Leads $30 Million Funding for Social-Crypto Startup Good Money
Good Money, a crypto banking platform, raised $30 million for future development work.
- Bitcoin’s Share of the Crypto Market Is Nearing a 3-Month High
Bitcoin's share in the cryptocurrency market reached an 11-week high late last week.
- ICOs Are ‘Effective Way’ to Raise Capital If Rules Are Followed: SEC Chairman
SEC chairman Jay Clayton has said that ICOs can be an "effective way" to raise capital, but securities laws must be followed.
- Crypto Trading Platform ErisX Hires Serial Exchange Founder Matt Trudeau
Matt Trudeau, who has overseen some 10 global market launches, has joined crypto trading firm ErisX as chief strategy officer.
- Bitmain Closes Israel Development Arm Citing Crypto Bear Market
Cryptocurrency mining giant Bitmain has reportedly closed down its Israel-based R&D division, citing a crypto market "shake-up."
- Facebook Is Hiring 5 New Staff Members for Its Blockchain Team
Facebook is advertising five job openings for blockchain talent across the areas of data science, coding and marketing.
- $3K Ahead? Bitcoin Price Bounce Is Again Losing Steam
Bitcoin still has the potential to drop towards $3,000, despite a minor bounce from 15-month lows seen on Friday.
- Vertcoin’s Struggle Is Real: Why the Latest Crypto 51% Attack Matters
Despite the devastating 51 percent attack on Vertcoin, ASIC-resistance is a goal worth fighting for.
- Japanese Lawmaker Proposes 4 Changes to Ease Crypto Tax Burden
A Japanese politician has proposed four changes to the taxation system he says will promote adoption of cryptocurrency in the country.
- Stablecoin Issuer Promises Full Audits of Euro-Backed Crypto Token
The engagement of BDO Malta aims to dispel any doubts that EURS stablecoins are backed one-to-one by euros.
- 2019 Will Be a Big Year for Stablecoins
2019 is shaping up to be a pivotal year for innovation in the stablecoin sphere, writes the CEO of crypto trading firm XBTO.
- 8 Teams Are Sprinting to Build the Next Generation of Ethereum
CoinDesk looks at the eight teams across the globe spearheading the push to create ethereum 2.0 – the next iteration of the blockchain network.
- Why You Shouldn’t Fear the Blockchain Regulators
Calls for regulation do not represent the end of cryptocurrency innovation; they signal blockchain’s ongoing maturation, a legal expert argues.
- The Era of Central Bank Digital Currencies Is Within Reach
A phased roll-out of a central bank digital currency is not only possible, but may be what certain regions need, says R3's research lead.
- SEC Fines Crypto Fund $50K and Issues Cease-and-Desist
The SEC has issued a cease-and-desist order against CoinAlpha after it offered unregistered securities.
- Block 7,080,000: Ethereum Devs Propose Activation Point for Next Hard Fork
Ethereum is moving closer to the activation of the long-in-the-waiting network upgrade known as Constantinople.
- Crypto Exchange Gemini to List Bitcoin Cash With NYDFS Approval
The Winklevoss-owned Gemini crypto exchange is adding support for bitcoin cash trading pairs with approval from New York's finance watchdog.
- Venezuela to Sell Oil for Petro Cryptocurrency in 2019, Says Maduro
Venezuela's President Maduro has said the nation will sidestep the dollar and use its controversial petro token for oil sales next year.