- Bitcoin Is Hedge Against Global Liquidity Crises: Grayscale Study
Bitcoin has a distinct set of properties unlike any other asset, argues the world's largest cryptocurrency asset manager.
- Brazilian Financial Authorities Announce Regulatory Sandbox For Blockchain
“This initiative is an answer to great transformation”, the regulators said.
- Ripple Could Invest Up to $50 Million in MoneyGram in XRP Boosting Deal
Money transfer giant MoneyGram will use Ripple's xRapid and the XRP cryptocurrency to settle cross-border transactions as part of a new partnership.
- Tendermint Says Last Month’s Cosmos Vulnerability Exposed Security Loophole
Tendermint, the firm behind the core technology of Cosmos, has released a full disclosure about a past vulnerability in the Cosmos SDK.
- Algorand, a Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Company, Goes Open Source
The Flipside Crypto partnership will provide a free user engagement analytics suite.
- Nouriel Roubini Says Facebook’s GlobalCoin Has ‘Nothing to Do With Crypto’
Noted economist Nouriel Roubini has said Facebook's soon-to-be unveiled cryptocurrency is not really crypto or blockchain.
- Russia’s Central Bank Is Considering Launching a Digital Currency
The head of Russia's central bank has said the institution is investigating the possible future launch of a digital currency.
- Stonewalled by FINRA, Up to 40 Crypto Securities Wait in Limbo for Launch
Wall Street watchdog FINRA has sat for as long as 12 months on roughly 40 broker-dealer applications by blockchain startups.
- Breez Reveals Lightning-Powered Bitcoin Payments App for iPhone
Now in beta for the iPhone, Breez's app harnesses lighting, Neutrino and atomic swaps to make bitcoin P2P payments feasible for daily transactions.
- Russian Hackers May Have Carried Out Largest Ever Crypto Exchange Theft
Russian hackers, not North Korean, may be the bad actors behind probably the biggest ever theft from a cryptocurrency exchange.
- 3 Reasons Bitcoin Is Rallying Above $9K
Bitcoin rose above $9,000 over the weekend, taking cumulative year-to-date gains to more than 150 percent. Here's three likely reasons why.
- BitTorrent Creator Bram Cohen Takes Over as CEO at Chia Network
Bram Cohen has taken over as CEO of his current company, Chia Network – a firm creating a less energy-intensive cryptocurrency.
- Korean Crypto Exchanges Update Terms to Accept Liability for Hacks
Five South Korean crypto exchanges have been forced to update their terms and conditions to accept liability for potential hacks and service issues.
- Crypto’s Connection to the Hong Kong Protests
An effort to change extradition laws in Hong Kong has sparked protests – and questions about digital privacy and the right to transact.
- Bitmain Lawsuit Seeks Millions from Staffers Who Founded Rival Mining Pool
Crypto mining giant Bitmain is locked in a legal battle with former employees who started a rival bitcoin mining pool, Poolin.
- Justin Sun’s Crypto Lunch with Warren Buffett Is Genius Marketing at Work
Justin Sun’s upcoming lunch with Warren Buffett is a genius marketing play that can only help the cryptocurrency sector, writes Noelle Acheson.
- Above $9.3K: Bitcoin’s Price Prints 13-Month High
Bitcoin's price rose to 13-month highs above $9,300 on Sunday, taking cumulative weekly gains to 17 percent.
- Bitcoin Surpasses 1 Million Daily Active Addresses
The last time Bitcoin shot past 1 million daily active addresses was in November, 2017.
- It’s FATF’s Way or the Highway for Crypto Exchanges. That’s a Big Mistake
The crypto industry can fight money launderers effectively, but not the way FATF wants it to, a CEX.IO compliance officer writes.
- I Was Reddit’s First (And Only) Cryptocurrency Engineer
Before his move to supporting Craig Wright's bitcoin SV, Ryan X Charles describes his short-lived tenure at reddit and the trolls who made his life hell.